Join the Twitterspehere!
To join the SPJ Twitter feed, follow these steps:
- Access or create a Twitter account
- Search for “SPJ@Ashford”
- Request access to the space
This Twitter feed will be marked PRIVATE and is for JMC students only.
Rules of Engagement
- Remember that the goal of journalism is to be factual and balanced in your reporting. We all have a favorite–or not so favorite candidate! However, this is not the platform to express political views.
Respect for Others
- Do not post comments to others that may be demeaning. The goal of the platform is to learn from one another. You may comment on the headlines and information that your peers present but please do so in a respectful manner.
- Do not use or re-tweet vulgar language in the platform
- Do not post or re-tweet images or links to images that are obscene or indecent in any way
Are You a New Tweeter?
If you have not used Twitter before, don’t worry! We are all here to learn from each other and to have a great time. Here are a few resources for seasoned and new Twitter users when it comes to reporting the news.